Monday, February 21, 2011

Nights of 2/19 and 2/20 - Caffeine!

So, after reading a bit on the use of caffeine as a lucid aid i figured it's worth a shot. I purchased a bottle of Excedrin (each pill contains 65 mg of caffeine), set my alarm for 5 hours after i fell asleep and gave the method a shot. On my fist night (Saturday night) i took 2 Excedrin (130 mg caffeine) and attempted to fall back asleep. I laid there seemingly awake, had some various HI bursts, and even a couple of dreams. After talking to some people it seems while i thought i was laying there i was most likely actually in a dream.

Attempt 2 occured on Sunday night. Once again i woke up after 5 hours, took my two Excedrin and attempted to get back to sleep. I was extremely over stimulated this time, not only could i not fall asleep but every time i closed my eyes i would see a medieval themed dream play on my eyelids. I could feel my body during this whole time and i would do RCs now and then to ensure that i was not dreaming. My next attempt (perhaps tonight) i will only use 1 Excedrin, as to get a better balance between stimulation and being able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment